How to Afford Paying for PA School
Physician assistant or PA education is not much expensive but the cost of education of the degree varies from one school to another. To know about it, you need to check out the website of the school or request information.
How to Pay for Physician Assistant School
Federal loan programs: The money you get from federal loan program will help you to fund your education. There are many states offering financial funding to students. There are numerous traineeships, loan programs and scholarships available.
Loan and grants by federal government: Try to visit the site of federal student aid that sponsored by the United States Department of Education. State sources for financial assistance provide agency in every state that offer student loans
Scholarships and Traineeships:
- American Academy of Physician Assistant in asthma, immunology and allergy is offering four scholarships worth 1000 dollars, 700 and 2 500 dollars scholarship to PA students.
- Physician Assistant Foundation is offering scholarship to PA students that are currently in professional phase of accredited program and members of AAPA.
- United States Navy Health Services Collegiate Program was established in providing financial assistance to college students while completing their baccalaureate requirements.
- Indian Health Service program is providing financial assistance for Alaskan Native and American Indian students that are enrolled in health profession programs.
AAPA Constituent Organizations Scholarships:
- Association of Physician Assistants in Oncology: They are offering 2,500 dollars to PA students and it consists two parts: 500 dollars in helping student to travel to annual conference and 2,000 dollars unrestricted.
- California Academy of Physician Assistants is offering three annual student scholarships.
- Lesbian, Bisexual and Gay Physician Assistant Caucus is offering 1,000 dollars for 2 PA students in attending AAPA’s annual conference in helping foster awareness and involvement of caucus.
- Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants is offering six annual student leadership scholarship as well as three scholarships for students who decided to enter writing competition.
Loans, Repayment Programs: Sallie Mae Tuition Pay Plans is giving a low cost, quality and innovative solutions for students in paying PA school.
“To evaluate the total cost of completing a program, you should request information on expenses from all schools you are thinking of attending, including tuition, books, supplies, travel and lodging for rotations, and exams” AAPA