List of PA School Scholarships
Enrolling in a physician assistant program is expensive because the cost of PA school may be high and most students who aspire to become PAs are not necessarily affluent. Like any other college or university course, scholarships are also available for the eligible ones. But for a proper preparation it is necessary to be aware of all the requirements for PA school.
Organizations that Give PA School Scholarships
- Scholarships for PA school can come from an ethnic group if you have Native American origins. The Federal Health Program for American Indians and Alaska Natives which courses the funds through IHS (Indian Health Service). The scholarship program covers undergraduate courses, graduate degrees and prerequisite courses.
- If you are a Hispanic student and plan to work in Puerto Rico, you can try to apply for scholarships for PA school given by the Physician Assistants for Latino Health.
- Scholarships are likewise given by the military if you are willing to serve for a predetermined length of time after you have completed the PA program. The Society of Army Physician Assistants including the Navy has scholarship funds that you can avail of.
- Get in touch with the coordinators of certain organizations that have areas of specialization, like the Association of Physician Assistants in Oncology to inquire about their scholarship program.
Private PA School Scholarships
The AAPA African Heritage Caucus Scholarship – for this scholarship program you must:
- be presently enrolled in a PSA program
- have excellent academic standing
- be an associate of the African Heritage Caucus
- submit reference letters from the program director or faculty adviser
- forward your transcripts along with application
- accomplish a 500 – 700 word essay or a personal statement for physician assistant
AAUW Career Development Grant
- Applicants must be colored women who are currently taking up an advanced degree and have finished a bachelor’s degree. Deadline for submission of application is December 15.
P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship (IPS) – $10,000
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States or Canada and a graduate student or have attended Cottey College.
“Remember, apply the resources from scholarships and grants before you accept loans. Then, only accept loans that you need. Work closely with your financial aid department; they will be able to inform you of special loans and scholarships for which you may be eligible” AAPA
Most states have ongoing physician assistant school scholarships, which are offered to qualified students. Organizations like the California Academy of Physician Assistants and the Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants likewise provide physician assistant school scholarships.