Most Common PA School Application Requirements
Getting into PA school isn’t easy. If you are applying to PA school, you should be aware of the requirements for physician assistant school. Knowing it will help you to be prepared and will ensure that you submit your application on time. Get started to know what to submit now.
Applying to PA School
- Applicants must need to earn a baccalaureate masters or doctoral degree from accredited university in US or Canada. Students should earn 3.0 GPA and complete prerequisite courses. The prerequisite coursework should be completed at regionally accredited university in Canada or US.
- GRE score or MCAT score: Taking GRE or MCAT exam is needed and the scores should be earned within 5 years of application deadline. As of now, there is no minimum score required for the admission and scores should be submitted from GRE or MCAT testing services. The code for CASPA GRE is 8831 and the code or UMKC MCAT is 808.
- Experience: Students are required to have 8 hours shadowing experience. Even though preference is given to students with ongoing direct patient care or previous experience is not being required for the admission.
- Admission eligibility: Students must be US permanent resident or citizen. International application can’t apply.
CASPA Application Requirements:
- For students applying to CASPA, they need to ensure they submit the following:
- Official transcripts or evaluations verifying all credit coursework, which include undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate coursework. Courses that don’t have final grade on CASPA application is considered incomplete.
- Official GRE scores must be submitted and scores should be within 5 years. A score of forty percent and higher will be given preference.
- Official TOEFL scores must be reported directly
- Submit 3 letters of recommendation
- A personal statement for PA school should be about 300 to 500 words outlining your objectives and goals in pursuing PA program
Wake Forest PA Program Requirements:
- The program accepts US permanent resident and citizen. International students should utilize transcript evaluation service. Their academic record should show their credits as well as grades equivalent to those provided by US institutions.
- Baccalaureate degree from accredited school or its equivalent must be awarded.
- All courses must be completed with “C” grades
- At least 2 letters of reference should be received by the CASPA for your PA school application to be complete
- Official scores must be taken within five years
- Healthcare experience including direct patient care is necessary and required
“Physician assistant programs can be very competitive and most require applicants to have existing work experience before being admitted. Popular options for gaining experience include working as an EMT, paramedic, medical assistant, or emergency room technician. Once enrolled, students study a variety of topics similar to those of a pre-med program” LearnHowToBecome.org
Here are some of the requirements that you need to submit depending on what program you are applying for. Be ready to complete the requirements before the deadline.