Neurosurgery Physician Assistant Programs
- Image credit: stemgenex.com
A neurosurgery physician assistant has a promising outlook for the coming years, and so students looking to specialize in a certain field of PA want to apply and study in a PA school. If you want to learn more about your future career as a PA in this field, check out the following information to meet physician assistant school requirements.
“Neurosurgical physician assistants work in conjunction with a supervising neurosurgeon to take detailed medical histories, perform exams, interpret lab results, make diagnoses, and discuss and implement in- and out-patient treatment. Hospital duties include assisting in neurosurgical procedures, closing wounds, ordering and reviewing MRIs and CT scans, and making rounds” Study.com
Physician Assistant Neurology Programs
- Texas Brain and Spine Institute are offering a postgraduate neurosurgery PA residency for students who want to take their knowledge and skills to the next level. You will excel in both academic and clinical neurosciences for taking part in this program. The faculty is composed of experienced and seasoned physician assistants and neurosurgeons with collective years of more than one hundred in terms of giving care to neurosurgical patients.
- Bassett Medical Center is offering students with multispecialty in surgical PA residency program and one of such is the neurosurgery PA education. You can check out their official site to find out how you can become a part of their expert PA residency program.
What You Need to Know about Physician Assistant Neurology
You are going to work in conjunction with a certified and licensed neurosurgeon in terms of taking detailed and precise medical histories and performing patient exams. You are also going to interpret various lab results as well as to make diagnosis based on a specific patient condition. Your job is very important and that you are a big help for a neurosurgeon and his patients because you will be doing most of the same tasks performed by a doctor except on procedures.
In addition to these duties and responsibilities of physician assistant neurology, you will also be working to discuss as well as to implement both outpatient and inpatient treatment. You will also be giving assistance to hospital duties, in terms of closing wounds, making rounds and ordering/reviewing CT scans and MRIs.
Need to write anesthesiology personal statement that can lead to the job of your dream? Together with the professional SoP writers it’s as easy as ever.
Education in Physician Assistant Neurosurgery
- A master’s degree
- Pass the PANCE exam
- 1-year of OJT
- 100 hours of continued education (*required every two years)
- Recertification exam (*needed every six years) to keep your status active
There you have what you need to know about physician assistant specialty programs requirements as well as job duties and responsibilities you will be doing once you become a certified PA in the neurosurgery field.
For those who want to become an orthopedic surgery PA, our tips might be quite useful.