PA Programs in Kentucky
There are accredited PA programs in Kentucky and available at bacelor’s, mater’s, associate and certificate level.
Majority of the programs are master’s degrees wherein students can complete the program in three years.
PA Schools in Kentucky
If you want to know about PA programs in Kentucky, you need to make a research. Here are cities that offering PA programs in the place.
- Sullivan University
- University of Kentucky
- University of the Cumberlands
- Show Low PA
- Physician Assistant Shavertown
- PA Program North Canton
- Victoria Physician Assistant
- Lewiston Physician Assistant
- PA Contoocook
- Physician Assistant in Seney
“Physician assistants (PA) are health professionals who practice medicine as members of a team with their supervising physicians. PAs deliver a broad range of medical and surgical services to diverse populations in rural and urban settings. As part of their comprehensive responsibilities, PAs conduct physical exams, diagnose and treat illnesses, order and interpret tests, counsel on preventive health care, assist in surgery, and prescribe medications. PAs promote quality, cost effective medical care to all members of society. Physician assistants are certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) and state-licensed” University of Kentucky
Steps in Becoming Certified Kentucky PA
- Find an accredited school: You need to find an accredited University of Kentucky PA program. If you wish to apply in PA degree, you need to at least have major in nursing, chemistry, public health, biology and medical assistant.
- Take national certifying examination: To apply for PA schools in Kentucky, you need to take national certifying examination. You can register on the exam starting ninety days before you graduate from your program. You can request for your score that can be sent to Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure.
- Apply for Board of Medical Licensure: The application for physician assistant can be made through online. You need to settle 100 dollars and make arrangement with the Board. You need to passed the PANCE examination. When you submit your application as well as the attachments and required fees, wait for confirmation.
- Keep Kentucky license current: You need to renew your PA license every two years for 150 dollars.
There are many students who want to become a certified physician assistant but there are PA program requirements that should be completed. Becoming a PA is not an easy thing and when you like to know all the duties, responsibilities and roles, you need to enroll at accredited college. This page presented the cities where you can find accredited schools. With it, you no longer need to waste your time searching but you can directly visit their website and check out how to apply.
If we told you about benefits of PA programs in Kansas, would you consider them as your plan B?