Looking for a PA School in New York? See Our List
If you’re in New York and you’re looking to become a physician assistant, there are top programs to choose from and start venturing in a lucrative career where you can apply your knowledge and skills to become a PA.
Check out the following programs we’ve selected for your reference and start writing your physician assistant personal statement.
List of PA School in NY
- Cornell University: This is another physician assistant school in NY that offers you with the Master of Science in Health Sciences for Physician Assistants. You will need to have a TOEFL accreditation if you are a non-native English speaker. All applicants are required a GRE.
- CCNY Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education: You can also apply in this physician assistant school in NY that offers an updated curriculum and has an expert faculty in mentoring you. To apply here, you will need a Supplemental application and will have to remember a deadline of February 1.
- Clarkson University: Their Department of Physician Assistant Studies can offer you the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies. To apply here, you may want to visit their official website for a complete list of application requirements, including TOEFL if you are a non-native English speaker and GRE is required. This is a CASPA participating program with their deadline usually taking place on March 1. Finally, you will need a Supplemental Application of $50.
- Albany Medical College: You can apply in their center for physician assistant studies education if you were in New York. They are one of the top schools for this industry because they have top faculty and comprehensive curriculum you will need to train and become a certified PA. Some requirements include GRE and TOEFL for non-native speakers of the English language. They are part of the CASPA participating program. Visit their official website for information.
- CUNY York College: You will be able to apply for their physician assistant program in this school that does not require a GRE but a TOEFL if you are a non-native English speaker. This program, however, is not a CASPA participating program. Its application deadline usually takes place on February 28.
“Physician assistants practicing in New York State may write prescriptions for medications, including certain classes of controlled substances. Physician assistants provide services in various medical and surgical disciplines including, but not limited to: family practice, pediatrics, internal medicine, obstetrics/gynecology, geriatrics, orthopedics, psychiatry and emergency medicine” CUNY York College
There you have the top NY schools for PA programs to choose from, in which you can choose from and apply. To start getting ready, have a look at the physician assistant school requirements.
You might be also interested which PA school Colorado is the best one.